Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Amber comes to visit


On Tuesday 29th of June, I brought my puppy to school.
The puppy’s name is Amber. I was really excited to share Amber with the class and all the things I knew about the breed of dog.
Amber’s full name is,Amber Autumn Vala Karaka O’Brien.
Amber’s breed is a Ridgeback and is found in South Africa. They are known for their strength and their special piece of hair that follows their backbone.
Amber’s has only a half ridge on her back so she is not able to take part in dog shows.
Did you know that 3 Ridgebacks can kill a lion! These dogs were breed for hunting.
Amber likes biting but we are training her not too. Her favourite food is egg and green tripe.

I enjoy having a puppy and being responsible for it. Did you know that I had to tell the teacher that I couldn’t learn my spelling because the “dog ate my notebook”. The teacher thought I was using this as an excuse but it was true! We both had a good laugh.
Sometimes excuses do come true.

Liam

2 comments:

Room 8 said...

Liam I was so excited to meet Amber when Mum bought her to school the other day, she is a gorgeous puppy. I'm glad to hear you are doing a great job of being responsible for her care.
From Miss B

Anonymous said...

shes very cute :)
from jorja